MillionaireMatch.com - the best dating site for sexy, successful singles!
Work and Life
Let Go of What You Want to Get What You Need
Written by: Akua Hinds
April 20, 2017
Have you ever felt so desperate to have someone special in your life that you held on tenaciously to someone who you really should be letting go of? There are many people who make excuses to themselves and to other people as to why they stay in situations that are not bringing them any joy. What’s crazy is that some of these people who refuse to let go of what’s not working, are people who are often smart, have near limitless options, and deserve better than what they are accepting. The problem is that they are blinded by the situations they are in and can’t focus on anything else. Does this sound familiar to you? Sometimes in life and in love, you need to let go of what you want in order to get what you really need. There are so many benefits to letting go of what is no longer serving you.
1. The Universe is testing you. Some people refer to the Universe as God, and some refer to it as energy. Just know that you’re not alone, and that everything you do leaves a lasting impression on yourself and on other people. You might believe that you’re setting a good example by being forgiving and tolerating someone else’s lack of respect towards you, but what you’re really doing is setting a bad example if you keep allowing this person to get away with negative behaviour. Doctor Phil was right when he said that we teach other people how to treat us! When you make it clear that you will no longer tolerate a situation or relationship that isn’t working even though you deeply want it to work, you’re proving that you’re strong enough to fight for what you truly deserve.
2. Your mind, body, and spirit feel renewed. There is such a great feeling that comes over you when you’ve finally let go of an unfulfilling situation. It’s very easy to get caught up in something dysfunctional because you’ve gotten used to it and you don’t want to be confronted with all of the unknown possibilities that can happen when you change a situation. However, when you take the leap for the right reasons, the Universe will reward you. It might feel strange at first to adjust to being single, or, adopting a new way of thinking, but you will adjust.
3. A Chance to do New Things. Whatever it was that wasn’t working for you was actually holding you back from doing the things that you actually need to do. Some of the things that we want and crave are things that we really need to give up! For instance, chocolate tastes delicious and it can be highly addictive, but overindulging in chocolate can be harmful for your health. Your body would benefit much more if you eat more vegetables and fewer chocolates, and the same applies to when you limit negative situations and increase your intake of positive solutions. You get a chance to retrain your brain and focus on doing positive things that will benefit you.
4. You’re making space for what matters. When your mind is cluttered with the wrong thoughts and subconsciously focused on carrying out the same dysfunctional habits that have never worked for you, you are limiting the mental, emotional, and physical space you have for the things in life that will lead to your success. By letting go of what you want in order to receive what you actually need, you are paving the way for the right things to happen. When you toss out the wrong formula and you start working on the right formula, you’ll get successful results.
5. Your pride in yourself will grow. It’s important to give yourself some private applause every now and then. When you decide to release the toxic relationship that you were clinging to, expect to feel a sense of loss at first. It’s normal to mourn what might have been. Soon, though, be prepared to experience a change in your feelings as your mind and body adjust to your new normal. You are the reason why you have a new normal and can now build and seek a more appropriate and fulfilling way of life that will bring you the happiness that you need.
Akua Hinds works as a journalist, actress, music performer & instructor, owner of 3 dating sites www.InterracialDesires.net, www.RichSinglesDate.net, www.ChristianPartner.co, and independent business owner at www.PureRomance.ca/AkuaHinds & www.PureRomance.com/AkuaHinds selling passion products. Please visit www.AkuaHinds.com for more information.